Job Andrew Jacela
Student of Game Development, Singapore
Hey there! My name is Job Andrew Jacela and thanks for viewing my portfolio.
I strongly believe that games are a special form of art in the same way that movies are regarded. Games are, to me, on top of being a fun escape, are a way for the development team to convey a story, message, or just a way to show their creative talents.
I've been playing games for a long time now and after finishing my 'O' Levels, I felt that I wanted to learn Game Development in hopes of being able to make games with (or without, maybe) a team, and then be able to convey a story or message through our final product. I would really like to work with a team because it allows for multiple views to a specific topic which really helps in this industry.
I'm currently in my 3rd year in Nanyang Polytechnic's Diploma in Game Development & Technology and I have learnt many things. From creating my own engine(using OpenGL) to using a game engine(specifically, Unity). I've also learnt multiple programming languages like C++, Java and C#. This course has definitely taught me about the many things that happen behind a game's creation.
As for my other activities, I have taken a strong interest in sound design for games which I hope to integrate with my future game projects. I also am very into linguistics (the scientific study of languages) and am currently studying 3 extra languages (French, Japanese and American Signed Language).
In the future, maybe after doing a degree, I hope to join an Indie company (for a start) and then move on to join a triple-A company
Thanks again for viewing my portfolio!
- Programming Intern at Supinfogame, Rubika
- March 2016 – May 2016 Valenciennes, France
- Diploma in Game Development and Technology at Nanyang Polytechnic
- Apr 2014 – Present Singapore
- GCE ‘O’ Levels at Orchid Park Secondary School
- Jan 2010 – Dec 2013 Singapore
- 2nd Place for the International Games Concept Challenge (IGCC), Nanyang Polytechnic
- Audience Choice Award for the IGCC, Nanyang Polytechnic
- Unity Programming
- Programming with Android using Java
- C# Scripting in Unity
- Lua Scripting
- Google App Engine Server API
- HTML/CSS/Django Templating (Basic)