A “Studio Project”(SP) is a name we have given to our end-of-semester project. We would have to form groups of 4 or 5 to make something. These are usually games or simulations.
- SP1: Ascii/windows console game
- SP2: Supermarket simulation
- SP3: Full 3D/2D game
Task List for SP1:
- Ascii art
- Terminating condition (Death condition)
- Helped with old-school-styled name entry screen (rotating letters from A-Z by pressing up/down
The aim of the game we created (below) is to catch the balls that the person on the top of the screen throws towards you. You lose if you get hit too many times.
Task List for SP2:
- Mouse based camera control
- Loading objects into the scene
- Switching on/off the lights
- Toilet area (water flush system and turning on/off the tap on the sink)
- Sliding door
- Time and position based AI for 1 of the NPCs
Task List for SP3:
- Level Design (for level 1)
- Enemy movement
- Enemy “AI”
- User interface
- Pop-up texts
- Lion’s “AI”
The aim of the game we created is to find the 4 keys scattered throughout the game world, while trying to do it stealthily.