International Games Concept Challenge 2016 (IGCC) Project
Name of game: STNU – Shut the Neighbours Up!
Development time: 1 week
Platforms: Samsung Gear VR
Team: 1 Designer, 2 Artists, 2 Programmers
Award(s): 2nd Place, Audience Choice Award
The IGCC is a competition in which competing schools from several countries send their students to group up with other foreign students to create a game within 1 to 2 weeks; kind of like a game jam. When I participated, there were 6 schools participating; namely:
- Nanyang Polytechnic (Singapore)
- Trident College of IT (Japan)
- Supinfogame (France)
- Kajaani University of Applied Sciences (Finland)
- Hoseo University (South Korea)
- RMIT University (Australia)
My team’s country representations:
- Designer: Australian
- 2 Artists: 1 French, 1 Singaporean
- 2 Programmers: 1 Japanese, 1 Singaporean (Me)
Our main task was to make a game on the Samsung Gear VR. Knowing the limits of the Gear VR, we decided to make a comedic, short game, so that we could provide a fun experience even though we had many limitations.
This section will contain projects that were used for competitions or just side projects that I’ve worked/am working on.